Join the team
Interested in becoming an AT Mentor?
AT Mentors provide assistive technology (AT) advice to people with disability and others within a defined scope-of-practice of low-mid cost AT, utilising a peer support model.
They provide independent AT advice to customers by discussing their needs and situation and help identify the most appropriate and safe AT solution.
If you're interested in applying to be an AT Mentor please read the job advertisement below and apply via the Seek link.
Expression of interest - AT Mentor
• Casual role
• Location - Open to applications Australia Wide
• Flexible/remote working arrangements available
• iLA's office is located in East Perth, WA
Independent Living Assessment (iLA) was established in January 2020 by Indigo Australasia Incorporated (formerly Independent Living Centre WA). iLA's purpose is to enhance health and well-being by connecting the community with trusted knowledge and expertise with a focus on supporting people through assessment, navigation and sector capacity building initiatives.
We are currently seeking expression of interests for casual AT Mentors to join the iLA team. The role of mentors is to provide AT (assistive technology) advice to people with disability and others within a defined scope-of-practice of low-mid cost AT, utilising a peer support model. They provide independent AT advice to customers by discussing their needs and situation and help identify the most appropriate and safe AT solution.
Reporting to the AT Chat Project Lead this casual role will be responsible for:
- Deliver AT Mentoring via telecommunication.
- Provide AT advice and written advice to support customers (people with disability. older people, AT users) in choosing low-mid cost AT that meets their needs, is safe and right for them.
- Provide impartial information and guidance about AT possibilities to support choice. Research suitable AT solutions to meet the needs and goals of customers.
- Identify customer AT requests that require external referral to medical or allied health professionals.
- Support the referral triage and customer intake.
- Maintain accurate and timely administrative records on relevant customer record management systems.
- Assist in the development of customer handouts or community resources.
- Assist in the development and participate in the delivery of engagement activities for AT Chat and AT Mentoring Services with the Team Lead and Brand and Communications Team.
- Support the Team Lead in the delivery of outcome measures in the activity work plan and Departments of Social Services Information Linkages and Capacity Building (DSS ILCB) grant deliverables.
- Access iLA Occupational Therapist or Allied Health Professional for supervision when required.
- Engage with social media, and provide support to the online Facebook Group ‘Chatterbox Assistive Technology Chat’.
The successful candidate will bring energy and passion to this area, have lived experience with Assistive Technology, and excellent interpersonal skills. They will have the ability to build relationships, demonstrate good written communication skills and sound computing skills (including Microsoft office suite).
Ideally the successful candidate(s) will have:
• A Certificate IV in Assistive Technology Mentoring or equivalent qualification;
• An understanding of the NDIS and disability sectors (desirable, not essential).
• Candidates identifying as having lived experience with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong positive culture, modern building and amenities.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Working with a diverse and motivated team of professionals and support staff.
- Ongoing support and professional development.
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging provisions – Tax benefits!
- Additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata).
- Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination and EAP support.
- Rewarding work and being part of an organisation that makes a difference to peoples' lives and independence.
Register your interest today by submitting your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, addressing how you meet the work-related requirements (in no more than 2 pages).
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a separate copy of this job description.
• Contact Claire Walton (AT Chat Project Lead) at email@example.com to discuss the specifics of the position.
Applications close: COB 26 May 2023 (AWST) short listing will commence immediately, and we reserve the right to commence interviewing before the closing date.
We thank you for your interest in iLA and we will respond to all candidates.
A valid NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check is a pre-requisite for this position at iLA.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply. No agency applications at this time.
Our purpose: We strive towards our mission of a community in which all abilities are valued, where people have the knowledge, tools, and confidence to participate.