Join the team
Interested in becoming an AT Navigator
AT Navigators are AT users with specialised training who are dedicated to utilising their lived experience and knowledge of AT to support their peers to make informed decisions about an assistive technology solution.
AT Navigators provide people with peer support aimed at enhancing their AT decisions. They can help you make sense of assistive technology and all the possible AT solutions. AT Navigators can also assist you through the process of selecting suppliers, health professionals and working with your funding body.
If you're interested in applying to be a Navigator please read the job ad below and apply via the Seek link.
We are currently looking for a part-time (to full-time negotiable) Navigator to support the Navigation Program which aims to empower people with disability and older persons and enhance their decision-making confidence and capability in their digital health and assistive technology (AT) information journey by:
- Building the awareness of accessible, practical and relevant information resources.
- Connecting people to access information, supports and services relevant to their needs.
- Supporting people to enhance their understanding of information.
- Providing guidance to people to evaluate information to make informed decisions.
- Working with people to develop their confidence, capability, and motivation to act upon the information and apply it to their individual circumstances.
Reporting to the Peer Support Lead and working closely with the ILA Teams this will be a pivotal role and integral part of the team. Hours are fully negotiable for the right candidate, part time and full time opportunities available and work from home arrangements encouraged following training and induction.
The successful candidate will bring energy and passion to this area and have lived experience with assistive technology. They will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and good written communication skills. Sound computing skills (including Microsoft office suite) and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines. Ideally a sound understanding of the customer relationship management/journey and understanding of My Aged Care, NDIS and disability sectors (desirable, not essential).
Candidates identifying as having lived experience with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong positive culture, modern building and amenities.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Working with a diverse and motivated team of professionals and support staff.
- Ongoing support and professional development.
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging provisions – Tax benefits!
- Additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata).
- Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination and EAP support.
- Rewarding work and being part of an organisation that makes a difference to peoples' lives and independence.
Apply via Seek
- Provide a resume that demonstrates your relevant work experience and suitability for the role.
- In no more than two pages demonstrate, with examples, how you are suitable for the role in the context of the work-related requirements.
Applications Close: COB Wednesday the 14th July 2021 (AWT) or before
We reserve the right to commence interviewing before the closing date.
If you wish to discuss the position, please contact Kate Martinez (Peer Support Lead), at Kate.Martinez@ilaustralia.org.au or 6202 4700.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
View full position description - ILA -Navigator-PD
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We promote and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any additional support during the recruitment/interview phase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org